In order to compete at level 2 events and upwards, and to apply for DSS status and firearm endorsements, a shooter must become a member of both KZNPSA and SAPSA.
Take note of the following:
- The membership year extend from the 1st of April to the 31st of March.
- KZNPSA and SAPSA memberships fees are combined
- Membership fees are not paid directly to KZNPSA, they must be paid to the club treasurers
- KZNPSA will batch process new member applications once a month on the 25th
- All correspondence to be done via email – not Watsap
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- Applicants MUST be a member of a KZNPSA Affiliated club
- Download and complete the NEW-SAPSA-MEMBERSHIP-FORM
- Rename the file: YOUR SURNAME – SAPSA MEMBERSHIP – YEAR
- Please refer to the FEES Page
- Go to your club website for payment instructions or ask your treasurer
- Make payment and download a proof of payment.
Use reference: YOUR NAME-SAPSA-YEAR
- Email the completed membership form and the proof of payment to your club treasurer.
Subject: YOUR NAME – SAPSA MEMBERSHIP – YEAR
- Once your membership is approved you will be notified and given a SAPSA number.
- You can then log into the SAPSA website – CLICK HERE for instructions
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR CLUBS:
Please refer to section 7 of the KZNPSA Constitution: Affiliation and Membership.
Criteria for Affiliation:
- Your club must have no less than 5 paid up, active members
- You must have access to an approved shooting range
- Download and fill in the KZNPSA CLUB AFFILIATION FORM
- Send to the secretary along with the following supporting documents:
- A copy of your clubs constitution including your indemnity clause
- A list of names and addresses of all members
- A list of names and addresses of all officers
- Proof that you have range facilities (clubs without ranges will not be accepted)
- Your application will be reviewed and approved/declined by the council at the next council meeting.
- You will be notified of the decision.
- If approved you must make payment for your members to KZNPSA
- You will be ‘affiliated’ when fees have been received.